Monday, July 2, 2007

living the rough life

So I have been in San Diego for a week now and it has been very relaxing. All I had to do last week and this week is call in around 7 am and tell them I am alive, and then I don't have to do anything for the rest of the day. It has been great seeing friends, going to the beach, hiking, and just relaxing everyday.

I just found out that I am going to be the communications officer when I get to my ship, not the gunnery officer, which doesn't make going to ammunition school very logical, but I can't complain. I also found out that we are going on a short deployment the day after I get to Japan until October. I don't know the exact date when I get back, but there is nothing like throwing me right into the work.

I miss St. Louis already, but the weather here is making it a little easier to be away:)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

So you are going to be in communications like your big sister, eh??