Friday, July 27, 2007

hi from japan:)

okay so first and foremost, when i opened the page everything was written in japanese and it took me a solid 5 min to figure out how to get this thing back into english...haha.

anyway i made it in last night and went straight to a bbq w/ all the officers, so that was tough cause i couldn't sleep on the plane so when i got there i had been up for about 23 hrs straight and was starting to drag...but i got up this morning and put everything in my room and got settled in...kind of. we go underway on wed for a little over 2 months. we are going to stop in at several places...apparently this is one of the best deployments the ship has had for a long time so it should be kind of cool. I'm going for the whole thing and then I'll come back and go to EKMS school...which is about message sending-this is one is for my job--communitcations officer COMMO, yes it is official, that will be my job.

so I probably won't have my own place until towards the end of october, so until then i will be living on the ship, kind of stinks, but oh well. I haven't had a chance to really do or see anything so once I get the chance to explore it seems like there is just so much to see.

hope everybody is doing well!

2 comments:

lcpohlman said...

Hi Katie!! It is August 10th and Caroline & Greg are getting packed to leave for Chicago tomorrow. I am staying home with Sully the dog and going to teacher's meetings (*%+#!) on Monday the 13th. It is extremely hot here, upper 90's last 3 days and supposed to be 100 tomorrow and also next week. The grass is dead, plants are gulping water, and my garden is struggling. Hope everything is going well for you and you are experiencing some neat things. We will do our best to keep in touch with you...you are on our "Favorites" list, so you are just a click away. All our love,

L, C, G, and G Pohlman

Mende said...

I am LOL at the thought of you trying to figure out how to get the thing back in english!!! I probably never would have gotten it!!

me